Saturday, September 22

Many Days In

This is my second attempt at the blog universe and with it come less philosophy and more realism. Without a doubt this blog has been inspired by several meetings with triathletes regarding marketing oneself for sponsorship. It has been tough to wrap my head around pimping myself out, but I guess it is the aggressive /clever one that reaps the rewards. I'm still unclear as to the direction of these posts but I hope that they will both inspire and educate people in the triathlon community. At this point on this day my goals lie primarily in gaining as much knowledge and networks as possible to continue to improve and compete at a high level within all three disciplines. For the winter I have set three specific goals! 1. Run and compete hard at Stewart Cup at the end of October. 2. Find as many challenges with training partners on the bike this winter that allow for a sub 1 hour 40km individual ride. 3. Refine nutrition by testing several products that allow for greater recovery and enhanced performance.

These goals follow a very similar path that would allow for a summer with travel, competition and love in 2008. I have no doubt as to my ability to reach these goals but the question of balance with the girl, friends and work that will provide my greatest mental challenge.

No comments: