Tuesday, June 16

When you lose, don't lose the lesson. - Dalai Lama


Well the first race of the season is done, like dinner! The overall experience was great. Things started off with my weekend sponsor, giving me a lift out in the climate controlled Range Rover to the chalet in Kimberley. All in all a great set up for the race, we spent a nice relaxing day on Saturday with some small work on the bike a quick dip in the lake. Sundays pre race went smooth and as things got started I found myself out front with Andrew Russell. Last year he spent most of the race sitting on my hip and this year I decided that it was his turn. He pulled me most of the way back and then I beat him up the beach only to have him pass me as we entered transistion. T1 went really smooth and I was off on the bike. As Russell inched away from me in the distance I stayed focused on keeping my speed any not hitting the 'red'. Seally passed me shortly after the turn around and from there I started to see my position on the bike. Overall a good time significant improvement from last year, but still room for growth. The run was another story all together, I hit the wall at about the 5km mark as my run fitness is just not there right now, that is when I popped my Enervit Cheer Pack and battled through the final km for third.

Well now its time to dig myself back into a hole of pain and refocus on the the next big one.

No comments: