Wednesday, November 25

Glutton Bowl

Everyone knows the feeling when they step into a buffet and immediate panic overcome them. One thought dominates the mind and sweat beads on the brow. 'Will I be able to get enough food?'

In my glory days as a 15 year old swimer at the hight of puberty I would routinely eat everything in the fridge, ah your thinking I'm joking. With competitions every second weekend and twenty + hours of workouts per week; I was literally a machine. Almost embarrassingly so. I had a reputation in the swim community as a third and fourth helping guy. Here are some feats of Glutton Glory (110 chicken wings in one sitting, 24 inch uneatable sub in Missoula Montana, 2 shoe boxes full of fries + burgers and shake at peters drive in and lets not forget the 3 biggie size frosties from Wendy's. The old swim boys took great pride in 'getting our monies worth at every all you eat buffet.' The owner knew right away as the bunch of us pilled into a booth with our chlorinated hair and menacing grins, the restaurant was in for a long haul.

Today after a series of workouts that lasted around 4 hours I had that same old feeling in my gut. Luckily there is a great little Indian restaurant not four blocks from Talisman. Just like old times I stumbled in there at twenty after one with that same old panic and sweat on my brow. Four heaping plates of butter chicken and various curries washed down with a couple plates of fresh fruit, I was out of there!

A tribute to one of the greatest athletes of our time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Playstation 3 firmware 3.0 launches... It seems like a pretty small update for an x.0 release, but there are a few nice features worth talking about: itworld.com/personal-tech/76281/playstation-3-firmware-30-launches

Anonymous said...

I just got a new Tv and new surround sound...we have an HDMI cable from the cable box to the tv then and HDMI from the surround sound, an audio cable from the surround to the cable box...the surrond works when watching tv however it doesn't work when playing my playstation...the playstation is plugged right into the tv...I tried putting the playstation into the surround and the audio wires into the tv but then it only works for the playstation and not when watching tv...anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Today I looked at this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Xbox Live Tournaments[/url]
They say you can play online NCAA Basketball game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Yesterday I played around this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Xbox Live Tournaments[/url]
They say you can play online Football game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?