Sunday, January 10

ooooh ahhh cascade in the dishwasher

I can vividly remember running around the pool deck at the bi monthly swim meet as a ten year old taunting my rival club. ooooh ahhh cascade in the dishwasher! At the time it invoked a passion for the pool that I have not felt in a long time. A desire to get in and compete and not let guys get the better of me. As a 7 year old I even went as far as to pull of the suit of a competitor that had the audacity to try and pass me.

This week I jumped in the pool with the Cascades national development squad. Many of those same emotions of a ten year old emerged. I was grinning like a Cheshire cat. Although the squad is not in full rip mode right now, it was still a challenge to push through a 90 minute workout.

I'm excited by the promise of some great competition in the pool and having fun with the new schedule. Training is going to get interesting.

1 comment:

nversfeld said...

sweet hitting the laps