Friday, December 10

chronic underachievement

next november I'm going after this stash!


For the next month I will peer into the distance with one eye in repair, slightly fuzzy like a personal steam room when ever I want. While I wait for my vision to return I have become 'that dude', you know the one. The guy who has lived away from home for several years only to return to the nest. That dude who you hear wispers about, "he is living in his parents basement."

As I was moving in on the first; a couple of buddies were lending a hand when James says with shit eating grin on his face looks at my girl and says; "congratulations you are now your dating someone that lives in his parents basement." For a moment I smiled and the shook my head.

It has been truly the right move for staging before I head off to train. I have been looked after with every detail, the food has been top quality and plentiful and the odd dinner with mom and dad has been a great treat.  I think the secret to this whole thing is to know the exact day that you will be leaving and informing all parties involved. No bad blood yet but were really only on day 10 of 40!

No comments: